HPI provided Health Planning, Health Architecture, and Specialist Health Facility Interior Design services for the new state of the art $77 million Calvary Bruce Private Hospital which opened in September 2017. Calvary Bruce Private Hospital is the Little Company of Mary’s new landmark property.
The new Calvary Bruce Private Hospital features eight state-of-the-art digitally integrated theatres, including one with a hybrid cath lab, which accommodate everything from day procedures to complex surgery.
Other features of the new hospital include:
– 118 beds with ability to expand to 182 beds as Canberra’s population grows;
– 74 surgical and medical beds with private rooms and ensuites;
– 16 bed post-anaesthetic care unit;
– 8 recovery beds plus an additional 17 chairs in second stage recovery;
– 12 bed maternity suite providing new families with specialised care and support after birth;
– Eight bed critical care department.
– A new pedestrian bridge linking the new hospital to the existing Calvary Public Hospital and Emergency Department enabling staff to continue to share specialist equipment and services between Calvary Public and Private hospitals.
This state of the art hospital also includes inbuilt further capacity to expand to 156 beds in years to come, in line with the population growth projections for the northern Canberra region.